Re: [xmca] Announcement: Online community for the history of [mostly Soviet] psychology (mostly in Russian)

From: Anton Yasnitsky <the_yasya who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 13 2008 - 09:59:04 PDT

--- On Fri, 6/13/08, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anton-- I spoke with Pat Kolb at Sharpe and she confirmed
> with Pentti that
> one electronic article per issue will be made available,
> maybe
> already has been. Perhaps it is not useful in so far as
> these are mostly
> Russian readers.

This is a really great news, Mike! As you might remember we were thinking about posting this stuff at x-jreep :) -- so, perhaps it will really help! I have come up with several other functions of this prospective x-jreep community, for instance, giving the Russian authors the chance of posting some of their stuff that ther want to present to the Western readers without the need to line-up for a peer-reviewed publication process and having a chance of getting a feedback from the other side of the "Iron curtain" :). There can be several other interesting functions and applications of this x-jreep, but the specific format of such community needs to be discussed, at a later time.

> I'll work on weblinke from LCHC to the site.

Thanks, great!

Quite likely. This is how she looks (from the web-site of Al. Surmava): http://www.voxnet.ru/~monada/news.php?id=62&lng=eng

> Congrats on getting this started. Not sure where it will
> get to with
> American audiences, but clearly an additional resource.

Depending on the interest in such stuff and response rate from the colleagues xmca-ites we will either launch the x-jreep specialized community full-scale or, alternatively, will keep advertising the psyhistorik one, or will even probably do nothing about that :).

> Any stuff that gives insight into Luria's activities I
> would of course like
> to get and put on the LCHC Luria site.

The only concern I have about this is possible violation of copyright law (that I am not quite familiar with): are you certain the stuff can be posted on the LCHC site publicly and free?

Anton.