Re: [xmca] review of Italian translation of Thinking and Speech

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 07:30:01 PDT

I do not believe this is a problem with a solution, Bella. Too many cooks
and the
broth was prepared under seige circumstances a la Leningrad.

The 1986 version, s I understood it, was Alex trying to fill in the pieces
cut from
1962 version. It is a very choppy translation. I think this reflects a
number of forces
in operation in the American book market at the time (they are far worse
now) that
had accuracy with respect to original, difficult-to-understand texts, as a
low priority.
mike