Re: [xmca] University & Conformity

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 14:58:41 PDT

Sure, Eric. Systems are not one sided. We are dealing with the
student|professor relationship
in this discussion.

Locally we are doing a study of the ways in which the institution TEACHES
grad students to be
"sift and lift" teachers while bragging about their concerns for education.
Do the students DESERVE
rotten teachers? No. Do the professors DESERVE rotten learners? So
critically addressing the
institutional factors that push toward this not-so-local minimum as I
believe you are trying to get this
community of learners to do seems like it has be done using the same
principles we apply to the
overall theoretical framework of learning and development we discuss here.

Thanks for the consistently interesting citations and provocations.
mike