[xmca] action/activity

From: Mike Cole <mcole who-is-at ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 08:46:27 PDT

Dear Colleagues;

Thanks to ongoing work by Etienne here at UCSD, we have been able to address one of the goals of making XMCA a more effective medium of academic communication: It is now possible to access the entire archive going back into the the 1990's, as you can see from the message below -- an exchange between Arne Raeithel, who did not long after this message was sent, and Keith Sawyer, who has gone on to write important work on
emergence, improvisations, and creativity.

My hope is that this capacity will enable XMCA discourse to, perhaps, be able to minimize its tendency to slide across the range of core concepts of socio-cultural-historical activity ........ approaches to understanding human nature and perhaps achieve more effective and generalizable conceptual tools to work with.

Lets see if this now appears, at it should, as a new message on xmca, a current
discussion with our past, and our future.
mike