Re: [xmca] Karpov's Book

From: ignacio dalton <iedalton who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Apr 12 2008 - 12:00:30 PDT

ok mike, ill check it
  see you soon
  ignacio dalton

Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:
  Coming again to issues of cultural difference and all these related notions
70+ years after
Levy Bruhl, Vygotsky, and Luria were writing, 30/40 years after the post-
WWII burst of
cross-cultural research, and in the frenzied concern over
hyper-globalization and global warming
might be timely, David.

The contradictions emerging in recent research and theory (the current
thread about LSV and
primitive thought, Everett vs Chomsky and whoever on Pidiha language and
thought, the claims
made about various "new literacies" are pretty mind bending.

Ignacio- I think a used copy on amazon is most likely the only way to get a
relatively cheap version
of the Karpov book using the internet.

Martin-- I think David was referring to Karpov's characterization of the
Uzbeki work, not LSV's but the
two were both in the message. Keeping straight who said what is a chore!
mike