Re: [xmca] Vygotsky's historicism

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 19:41:11 PDT

Steve--

You write in part: One thing that makes the Hegel/Marx/Vygotsky etc.
intellectual lineage so different from the plain materialist/idealist
mainstream is it recognizes the biological, but flatly denies the
psychological existence of this boundary

I would like to contest the biological/(cultural!!)/psychological boundary.
The loooooooooooooooong
coevolution of phylogeny and culture really argue against a clear boundary
between the psychological and the biological.

No?
mike