Re: [xmca] Historical Development

From: Martin Packer <packer who-is-at duq.edu>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 15:28:06 PST

To quote V:

> "in the new society our science will take a central place in life. 'The leap
> from the
> kingdom of necessity into the kingdom of freedom' inevitably puts the question
> of the mastery of
> our own being, of its subjection to the self, on the agenda. . . . It will
> indeed be the last science in
> the historical or prehistorical period of mankind. The new society will create
> the new man."

...who was citing Engels:

"It is only from this point that men, with full consciousness, will fashion
their own
history; it only from this point that the social causes set in motion by men
will have, predominantly
and in constantly increasing measure, the effects willed by men. It is
humanityıs leap from the
realm of necessity into the realm of freedom."