[xmca] International Vygotsky Society invites you

From: Natalia Gajdamaschko <nataliag who-is-at sfu.ca>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 11:15:36 PST

Dear ALL!

The International Vygotsky Society invites you to take part in a conference
this summer to discuss strategies for international cooperation between
scholars interested in the Lev Vygotsky tradition in psychology. The
conference will be organized by the Russian State University for the
Humanities, the L. S. Vygotsky Institute of Psychology, the International
L.S.Vygotsky Society, and the L.S.Vygotsky Fund. It will be held in Moscow,
Russia. Final dates of the conference have not been set.

As part of the conference, we will spend a few days brain-storming about
possible international projects of interest to the International Vygotsky
Association, planning future conferences, creating an organizational
structure, and establishing branches in different countries. In addition we
will discuss our first major project: the publication of a new edition of
all collected works of L.S. Vygotsky and of newly discovered documents from
the Vygotsky archive (see additional information about this attached to this
message).

Please submit your expression of interest to take part in this conference us
as soon as possible but no later then March 1th . E-mail your expression of
interest, along with your name and academic degree, affiliation, topic of
your interest, preferred e-mail address for further contacts, and some
preferable dates in June-July for your travel:

invysoc@mail.ru

We will contact you with further information about registration,
accommodations, and travel arrangements. We are aiming to organize this
conference in June or July, but the dates will be decided later based on the
preference of participants.

We hope to hear from you soon, and hope to welcome you to Moscow.

With best wishes,

Gita L'vovna Vygodskaya, Honorary President

Elena Kravtsova, President,
the International L.S.Vygotsky Society, the L.S.Vygotsky Fund

Natalia Gajdamaschko, Vice-President,
the International L.S. Vygotsky Society