Re: [xmca] neoformation / zpd

From: Elinami Swai <swaiev who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 05:55:14 PST

I also like the way people are making distinction btn learning and
development.But must one loose some skills as he/she develops? Can we
say, those skills are just being peripherised, and can still be used
when needed? (one does not forget a certain skill or how he/she used
to think, just by knowing it in a different way). Development can then
be adding new skills and learning, transforming those skills. ZPD can
be seen more clearly on development part -- the difference between
what one knew and what is now known. But in learning, how a skill was
transformed--the difference might not be very clear.

Dr. Elinami Swai
Womens' and Gender Studies
University Hall 4220-A
The University of Toledo