Re: [xmca] ego, self, etc.

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 21:00:26 PST

Yes. :) It was me who commissioned that article from Chris, so I can't
disagree with you!
In the 1844 manuscripts
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manuscripts/hegel.htm Marx
described the PhG as "the true point of origin and the secret of the
Hegelian philosophy", and it is clear in the several pages about the PhG
here that he is thoroughly familiar with it, as would any Young Hegelian of
that time, in Germany. But it is another question when we look at
everything Marx wrote after that, and ask ourselves how much of that he
owes to the PhG. Everyone says that Hegel can only be taken as a whole, not
in bits, so perhaps my claim is empty. But this is so much in contrast with
French post-WW2 philosophy and the Frankfurters, for whom one would think
that Hegel had written nothing else.

Andy