RE: [xmca] online games as tools for sociability

From: Jay Lemke <jaylemke who-is-at umich.edu>
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 21:15:20 PST

In the US, there are groups working with Henry Jenkins at MIT, and Jim Gee's
former group still at U of Wisconsin (esp. Kurt Squire and Constance
Steinkuehler). Jim is now in Arizona.

In Europe, there is a group at Utrecht University (Joost Raessens) that has
some philosophical interests as well as general studies of games and
sociality (philosopher is Jos de Mul). Also IT University of Copenhagen
(DK).

What kinds of data will you be using?

JAY.

Jay L. Lemke