RE: [xmca] REquest for evalu of software

From: merja helle <merja.helle who-is-at helsinki.fi>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 05:12:23 PST

hi there

both atlas ti and transsana have been in the research projects at the center
in helsinki.
atlas is a very useful tool for getting to really understand your data as
others have already said. you can also link pictures, sound and video files
to it.
it is also used at the helsinki university.

but transsana is a better tool in my opinion for basic analyzing, coding and
screening videomaterial and transcripts together, but it is not so versatile
as atlas concerning coding, tables, visual linking etc

merja

Merja Helle, Head of Research
IADE
+358 504485 111
Address: IADE/ Hämeentie 153 B
00560 Helsinki, Finland
merja.helle@iade.fi
"You don't know the facts before you know the fiction"