[xmca] iscar 2nd flyer

From: Olga Vasquez <ovasquez who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 15:39:32 PST

XMCA colleagues,

Thank you for the nudge. I had waited to send
you the revised 2nd flyer until I heard from
one more panelist, and I just did--she will not be able to join us.

Please note corrections:

1. The date of submission of proposals has been extended to February 15

2. The date of acceptance letters is also extended to March 30th

3. Please note the visas will take a lot longer than usual because of security
        reasons so please start early. If you need a letter before March 30th
        please let us know.

4. Please feel free to go to the website for any questions you may have.

5. If you are not able to open the flyer, you
will find it posted on the website: iscar2008.com

My Best,

olga

As the deadline for submissions approaches,I was
planning to submit a paper proposal and noticed
that the call for papers says that a proposal may
be submitted for:

     * a paper that corresponds to one of the congress themes or (sub)themes
     * a symposium that corresponds to one of the congress (sub)themes
     * a poster that corresponds to one of the congress (sub)themes

I was looking for the themes and subthemes in the
website and didn't find them. Are they the
"strands" mentioned in the opening statement?

David

On Nov 19, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Peter Smagorinsky wrote:

>CALL FOR PROPOSALS
>
>The 2nd Congress of the International Society
>
>for Cultural and Activity Research (ISCAR)
>
>Ecologies of Diversities: The Developmental
>
>and Historical Interarticulation of Human Mediational
>
>Forms
>
>University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
>
>September 8-13, 2008
>
>The Southern California Planning Committee is
>
>proud to announce the Second Annual ISCAR
>
>Conference taking place at the University of
>
>California, San Diego in September, 2008. All
>
>those interested in theory and research on
>
>culture and activity are invited to attend. The
>
>conference is hosted by a coalition of six Southern
>
>California universities: CSSM, SDSU, UCLA,
>
>UCSD, UCSB, and USD. We look forward to your
>
>visit.
>
>We are born, inhabit, and create multiple
>
>worlds reflecting our biological, sociocultural,
>
>and interpersonal roots. We are both the subjects
>
>and objects of the ecologies that constitute
>
>our existence and conscious capacities as
>
>humans. As humans, we create and are created
>
>by our social and cultural institutions as well as
>
>our mundane representations of our everyday
>
>world of actions and experiences.
>
>ISCAR 2008 is a celebration of this awareness
>
>and its potentials for understanding the human
>
>condition in today's liquid modernity and
>
>for resolving the challenges we face in creating
>
>conditions for a pieaceful and prosperous
>
>world - a world that is in balance with our
>
>needs for respect, dignity, and harmony within
>
>and across social identities, cultures, languages,
>
>and nations. It celebrates variations of opinion,
>
>the old and the new, and what's to come.
>
>The program committee invites researchers to
>
>send proposals that correspond to one of the
>
>conference themes. The conference themes
>
>include A (Theory and research approaches
>
>within and across local and global social contexts),
>
>B (Contexts, complexities, challenges, and
>
>collaborations of culture and activity), and C
>
>(Theoretical and methodological explorations).
>
>A proposal may be submitted for:
>
>. A paper that corresponds to one of the
>
>congress themes or subthemes
>
>. A symposium that corresponds to one of
>
>the congress (sub)themes
>
>. A poster that corresponds to one of the
>
>congress (sub)themes
>
>See the conference website, http://www.
>
>iscar2008.com/home.html, for more detailed
>
>information about conference themes and subthemes.
>
>Proposals must be submitted by email and sent
>
>to: Iscar2008.com. The deadline for submissions
>
>is January 31, 2008.

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Subdirector de Extensión y Comunicaciones
Escuela de Psicología
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna 4860
Macul, Santiago
Chile

Fono: 3544605