Re: [xmca] Another Claim That LSV Did Not Originate the ZPD

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 09:55:07 PST

I am pretty certain that one of Homer's assistant lute players was the first
to articulate
the idea of a zone of proximal development. But no one knew how to write it
down so they
had to depend upon singing tales, and we know how unreliable that is.

They say that Geothe was the first to suggest that "*Everything has
been **thought
of before*,* but the difficulty is to think of it again" ... under the right
circumstances (added by someone's alter ego).*

actually I think it was Goethe's mother, a remarkable woman, who first said
that, but she
was probably paraphrasing someone else.Vico perhaps? Or her own mom?

If I were looking for antecedents of academic pedigree the Valsiner book on
guided mind might be a place to look.

mlk
(happily, for this day, my initials in Russian)