Re: [xmca] Summer or online professional development?

From: <irina.rasskin who-is-at uam.es>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 09:29:31 PST

Hi Jayson,

Check this summer course out:

"KEY CONCEPTS & METHODS IN ETHNOGRAPHY, LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION" The
programme is designed to help PhD and post-doctoral researchers navigate the
twin, perils of over- and under-interpreting discourse data, and it introduces
a range of key perspectives and tools used to study language and communication
ethnographically. The course will be held as a 5-day residential in Oxford
from Monday 7th July till Friday 11th July 2008. The deadline for application
is Friday 16th March 2008. Spaces are strictly limited, so candidates are
advised to apply as soon as possible. Limited funds are available for
bursaries, which will be allocated on the basis of relative need. For more
information, please go to www.rdi-elc.org.uk, or contactrdi-elc@kcl.ac.uk. The
programme is organized as part of the ESRC Researcher Development Initiative
(www.rdi.ac.uk). The Programme Team is: Professor Ben Rampton (Director),
Professor Jan Blommaert, Ms. Celia Roberts, Dr. Carey Jewitt, Dr. Adam
Lefstein, Dr. Jeff Bezemer Melissa de Graaff (Administrator)

Best,
Irina