[xmca] LV Quote on the importance of meaningful work in learning and development

From: deborah downing-wilson <ddowningw who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 09:16:23 PST

As a lead in to my question...yesterday afternoon I watched an undergraduate
student literally skip out of Mike's office. He is taking part in a class
where the students are engaged in real work - in accomplishing an important
task that would otherwise not get done - and his enthusiasm for
the assignment was palpable.

Along that line, I'm looking for a Vygotsky passage that discusses the need
for leading activities to have real meaning for the learner. By any chance
do you have a great quote at your fingertips?

Deb

--
Deborah Downing Wilson
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition