Re: RES: [xmca] social memory

From: Tony Whitson <twhitson who-is-at UDel.Edu>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 20:48:09 PST

Paul,

If he reads the Wineburg paper, he might want to get in touch with Sam (at
Stanford now, I think -- he was at U. Washington - Seattle before), since
he also interviewed members of the "Vietnam generation" as well as their
children, so he might have tips to share re: whether the sequence
matters, etc.

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, Paul Dillon wrote:

> Joao,
>
> Thanks. Review articles are definitely very useful for getting the lay of the land.
>
> I've been suggesting to my student that he select one event (e.g., the 1982 massacre in the neighboring community), interview those alive who experienced it, and interview the younger generation. I'm not sure if the order of the interviews matters. I'm also planning to set up a viewing of Kurosawa's "Rashomon" to keep him from jumping to conclusions :)
>
> Paul
>

> Joao Batista <jbmartin@sercomtel.com.br> wrote:
> Paul, this text can help...
>
> Joao