[xmca] Fwd: Could you please post the ad for a postdoc position?

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 18:03:21 PST

Position: Postdoctoral Researcher
Institution: Brown University
Date posted: 12/1/07
xmca

The Department of Education of Brown University seeks an outstanding
postdoctoral researcher trained in developmental research or related
fields to join a research project on European American and Chinese
immigrant children's learning beliefs and socialization at home for a
funded 3-year longitudinal project with PI Dr. Jin Li. The
responsibilities include supervision of recruiting, data collection
and management, statistical analysis, conference presentations,
writing reports/manuscripts.

Candidates familiar with research in cultural, ethnic, and family
influence on children's (particularly Asian immigrant children's)
academic learning with strong management, communication, and
statistical skills (especially HLM and SEM) are encouraged to apply.
Familiarity with Chinese language is a plus but not required. The
position has a 3-year term. For more information on the project,
please visit our website at
http://research.brown.edu/research/profile.php?id=1127251261&r=1.

Send (or email) a letter of interest curriculum vitae and three
letters of reference to: Elizabeth Smith
(Elizabeth_G_Smith@Brown.edu), Assistant to the Faculty Search
Committee, Education Department, Box 1938, Brown University,
Providence, RI 02912.

Review of applications will begin immediately until position is
filled. Brown University is an EEO/AA employer. Minorities and women
are encouraged to apply. For more information about the department,
vist www.brown.edu/education.