[xmca] Fwd: Technology and Education position at Berkeley

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 10:49:04 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alan Schoenfeld <alans@berkeley.edu>
Date: Dec 3, 2007 9:36 PM
Subject: Technology and Education position at Berkeley
To: mcole@ucsd.edu, alans@berkeley.edu

 Hi Mike,

I'm writing in the hope that you can help us find the right candidate for a
search in technology and education.

The university has authorized us to search for a tenure-track assistant
professorship. Excellence with and deep knowledge of educational
technologies is essential, but beyond that, we're open; there are myriad
ways that someone can contribute to the enterprise. I'm attaching our
announcement, but the bottom line is simple: We'd love to have someone join
us who can help us to make better sense of the potential and limitations of
technology vis-à-vis education and society, and contribute both to research
and instruction. We are eager to further diversify our faculty, so pointers
to highly qualified minority candidates would be especially appreciated.

If you know of someone we should be thinking about, could you please let me
know and/or let the candidate know? Full details regarding the position (the
third one listed), including a PDF, are available at*
http://www-gse.berkeley.edu/Admin/newfac.html#P2.

*I really appreciate any help you could offer.

Best,
Alan Schoenfeld

Alan H. Schoenfeld
Elizabeth and Edward Conner Professor of Education
Education, EMST, Tolman Hall # 1670
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1670
Phone: 510-642-0968