Re: [xmca] L. I. Bozhovich and perizhivanie

From: <ERIC.RAMBERG who-is-at spps.org>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 19:53:22 PST

                  Dot:

Gracious thanks for the explanations and the deeply moving thoughts on
perizhivanie. For me, I gravitate towards Eliot's "Waste Land" as a great
example of how water provides an escape from the 'stoney rubbish'.

"A current under sea Picked his bones in whispers. As he rose and fell he
passed the stages of his age and youth entering the whirlpool."

"I sat upon the shore fishing, with the arid plain behind me. . . Shall I
at least set my lands in order?"

References to current and dead languages abound, so good, so good.

eric