Re: [xmca] Compatible

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 10:16:58 PST

Carol-- I found this comment interesting: "However, a theory of mind would
not
> get as far as instrumentality." What do you have in mind here? Isn't
pointing to get the attention of another an instrumental act?

Presumably, what Tomasello and a LOT of others seem to arguing is that there
is a primal, ready at birth, inter-personal/social unity of self and other
that serves as the grounding for all forms of further development.
Development from this already and always there foundation involves forms of
differentiation and incorporation/appropriation that are also mutually
accomplished.

A huge subject.
mike