Re: [xmca] George Herbert Mead. help please

From: Anton Yasnitsky <the_yasya who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 06:15:04 PDT

My imediate reaction:

#1.
JAAN VALSINER, RENÉ VAN DER VEER (1988)
On the Social Nature of Human Cognition: An Analysis of the shared
intellectual roots of George Herbert Mead and Lev Vygotsky
Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour 18 (1), 117–136.
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1468-5914.1988.tb00119.x?cookieSet=1&journalCode=jtsb

(Reprinted in An Introduction to Vygotsky
by Harry Daniels (Ed.)
http://www.questia.com/library/book/an-introduction-to-vygotsky-by-harry-daniels.jsp
)

#2.
same authors
The Social Mind -
http://www.amazon.com/Social-Mind-Construction-Idea/dp/0521589738
idem -
http://assets.cambridge.org/97805215/80366/sample/9780521580366wsn01.pdf
Chapter 6. George Herbert Mead's Development of the Self

AY