Re: [xmca] homo academicus

From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth who-is-at uvic.ca>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 15:36:55 PDT

Hi Jay,
I always thought of the relation between habitus and field as
dialectical and thus not deterministic. I think this is the position
Sewell takes (1992, AJS) when he elaborates his structure|agency
dialectic, which was designed to deal with shortcomings in the
Bourdieu and Giddens' frameworks.
Cheers,
Michael