Re: [xmca] Collective efforts appear to succeed. Thanks everyone.

From: David Atencio <atencio1 who-is-at unm.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 09:11:31 PDT

Glad to hear you, your family, and friends are safe Mike. Lets hope for
some humidity and cooler temperatures to hit your coast real soon.
David Atencio

Mike Cole wrote:

> Dear Colleagues--
>
> An amazing thing happened yesterday. About the time it appeared that the
> small towns along the coast where we and
> several of our friends and collegues live would be over run by the fire. But
> the wind DID reverse. It DID start flowing from
> West to East, just as I hoped it would if all of your efforts combined to
> change the direction of our local history.
>
> Well done, xmca-ites!! We promise you a giant thank you part next September
> during the ISCAR conference.
>
> (Lets hope the same collective efforts avoid a widening war between Turkey
> and the Kurds!!!-- Remember, this time it
> is important to blow both north and south!!)
>
> :-))
> mike and family and LCHC colleagues

David J. Atencio, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Individual, Family, & Community Education
College of Education
MSC05-3040
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131