[xmca] References on the contemporary version of the Jensen debate

From: David Preiss <davidpreiss who-is-at uc.cl>
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 18:46:19 PDT

As Mike said, Jensen is still writing. This link has pdfs of the June
2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, Vol. 11, No. 2,
where Jensen brought his ideas back to the scientific agenda:

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/

However, after reading the first article "Rushton, J. P., & Jensen,
A. R. (2005). Thirty years of research on race differences in
cognitive ability. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, 11, 235-294"
it was more than clear, at least for me, that this is politics, not
science (which is not a new and great insight, anyway; I am sure
those of you that have been here since the 60s know it well)

Replies by Sternberg and Nissbett, among others, are included.

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Subdirector de Extensión y Comunicaciones
Escuela de Psicología
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna 4860
Macul, Santiago
Chile

Fono: 3544605