Re: [xmca] personality

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2007 - 06:50:28 PDT

Eric, I think this covers it:
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manuscripts/comm.htm#44CC5

"But also when I am active scientifically, etc. - an activity which I can
seldom perform in direct community with others - then my activity is
social, because I perform it as a man. Not only is the material of my
activity given to me as a social product (as is even the language in which
the thinker is active): my own existence is social activity, and therefore
that which I make of myself, I make of myself for society and with the
consciousness of myself as a social being."

Andy

At 08:26 AM 10/10/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>Sasha:
>
>You wrote:
>
>Human personality appears only in case when
>(minimum) two human beings are solving a common objective task in other
>words they conjointly act against their common object and realize it in
>active hand in hand and in the same time contradictory interaction.
>
>So. . .I have no personality when I am by myself?????
>
>eric

  Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380 9435,
mobile 0409 358 651