RE: [xmca] The Evolution of CHAT

From: Worthen, Helena Harlow <hworthen who-is-at ad.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 17:32:56 PDT

Knud Illeris, in his good book The Three Dimensions of Learning, (Roskilde University Press 2002) has a nice diagram that places various theories of learning along three axes: the social, the developmental, and the cognitive. I'm going to attach a version of this diagram. I'm calling it a version because now that I compare the electronic version that I've got with his book (it's on page 237) I can see that there are some things missing on what I'm attaching. But it will give you an idea. Implicit in laying things out like this is that each theory (identified by its primary expositor) covers a certain part of the territory.

Helena Worthen, Clinical Associate Professor
Labor Education Program, Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
504 E. Armory, Room 227
Champaign, IL 61821
Phone: 217-244-4095