[xmca] Full or Associate Professor as Director of Education Studies

From: Jim Levin <jalevin who-is-at ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 09:20:31 PDT

Dear XMCA folk,

The Director of Education Studies at UCSD is retiring in January of
2008, so we're recruiting for a tenured full professor or associate
professor who can lead our active interdisciplinary program (23
ladder-rank and clinical faculty, a dozen staff members, 75 MA and
doctoral students, 100 teacher credential/M.Ed. students, and several
hundred undergraduate minors). Education Studies at UCSD interacts
closely with LCHC at UCSD, and several faculty members at UCSD who
are active in XMCA are on our graduate faculty. We view educational
equity and excellence for all students as our core mission. We're
looking for someone who shares our vision, who will provide effective
leadership, who conducts an exemplary program of educational
research, and who is an excellent teacher and mentor of students. Do
you know of anyone who would be interested in and appropriate for
this position? Would you, by any chance, be interested? A more
detailed description of the position is at:
http://eds.ucsd.edu/edsdirector.htm

Thanks,
Jim Levin