[xmca] Early Luria

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 04:42:32 PDT

Interesting to bring Voloshinov~s criticism of Luria into the discussion,
David K. That whole early history is, to me at least, very interesting.
Curiously, the first translation of Voloshinov did not include it so we
published it in "Soviet Pscychology." Luria's early fascination with Freud
and his pre-medical school interests in biology came out in a little "self
publication" version of an essay on monistic psychology which LSV loved not
better than ARLīs views on Freud, as I recall. Luria said that as a result
of what he learned from Vygotsky he wrote a followup essay, but it has
never, so far as I know, seen the light of print.

Iīll be curious about reaction to Alex Kozuliņ's characterization of
Leontiev. Seems to run athwart of interpretations in the recent discussions.

Sorry for the odd characters creeping into this note, I am in Brazil for
some work (inspired by
a somewhat more mature Luria!) and the keyboard holds some surprises.