Re: [xmca] Emotion at Work

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 17:44:23 PDT

Just to clarify Jay, what I meant by the "mathematical" usage of "moments":

If f(x) is a function, then the nth moment of f is Sxnf(x).dx or more
legibly, "the integral of x to the power of n times f over all x"

So each moment represents the whole function in a distinct way, and all
moments together are the equivalent of the whole.
The 0th moment is the sum of all f, the first moment is what is relevant to
leverage, ...

Andy