[xmca] Your criticism of Activity Theory

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 09:34:17 PDT

Hi Alex--

A colleague on our discussion group, XMCA, referred approvingly to your
criticism of activity
theory. I am away from my library and cannot look up what, in particular,
the reference is.

What do you take to be the main criticism(s) of activity theory.
By activity theory, what enemble of ideas are you referring to:
Marx?
Leontiev:
Rubenshtein?
More modern interpretations of the idea:

Perhaps you could provide us text or a reference to help guide our
discussion.

Thanks!
mike
ps-- you are of course welcome to join in. That would be great.