Re: [Possible SPAM] Re: [Possible SPAM] Re: [xmca] Copernicus, Darwinand Bohr

From: Martin Packer <packer who-is-at duq.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 09:22:30 PDT

It seems to me that there are two errors to be avoided. One is to
'ontologize' experts and novices, as though they are natural categories. The
other is to 'nominalize' them, as though 'expert' and 'novice' are merely
labels we attach to people arbitrarily.

Can you say more about how you employ 'expertise' and 'novice'
(analytically) to characterize the resources drawn upon in interaction
without simply borrowing from folk psychology?

Martin