Re: [xmca] Re: AERA joint SIG sessions

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel <ellampert who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 20:23:23 PDT

I will be interested in exploring it in connection to the research on
adjunct /full-time faculty learning communities we implement in the program
I work. I am reading your paper on self-organization in knowledge-building
discourse...:-)
Elina

On 6/23/07, Anton Yasnitsky <the_yasya@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Furthermore, I believe there is a great deal of convergence between what
> is commonly referred to as CHAT and, on the other hand, research done in
> the field of CSCL (computer-supported collaborative learning), -- not
> sure, but there must be a SIG for this, too.
>
> This might also be an option for a joint session, I guess...
>

> --- Lois Holzman <lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org> wrote:
>
> > Even as some pursue a symposium jointly with the Dewey SIG is there any
> > interest in a joint session with the Outside of School and/or Informal
> > Learning SIG? There is some interesting and innovative work being done
> > in
> > both SIG, and receptivity to and interest in CHAT.
> > Lois

> Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email
> the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at
> http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca

Elina Lampert-Shepel
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Education
Mercy College New Teacher Residency Program
Mercy College
66 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001
(212) 615 3367
I have on my table a violin string. It is free. I twist one end of
it and it responds. It is free. But it is not free to do what a
violin string is supposed to do - to produce music. So I take it,
fix it in my violin and tighten it until it is taut. Only then it
is free to be a violin string.
               Sir  Rabindranath  Tagore.