[xmca] Supporting Resources for toolforthoughts

From: Tony Whitson <twhitson who-is-at udel.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 11:50:12 PDT

Before I'm ready to join the discussion with substantive comments, I wanted
to repost the information below, because I think it points to sources that
are very helpful in support of Shaffer & Clinton's "Toolforthoughts."

Shaffer & Clinton credit Nardi & Kaptelinin as among their sources. I think
the 2006 book probably came out after their article was submitted. I just
checked the firstmonday link that Bruce sent earlier (below), and it's still
good, with links to 3 chapters in the new book.

A special contribution of the MIT Press series with regard to the
"Toolforthoughts" idea is that it provides rich examples, e.g. the example
of toolforthoughts in the work of highway safety programs in Iowa.