[xmca] to participate in xmca: first message

From: Russell, Donna L <russelldl who-is-at umkc.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 08:06:45 PDT

Hello everyone

I am responding to the inquiries of Luisa Aires. I am implementing a study of an urban USA high school geoscience world implemented in the Second Life Teen Grid. I use cultural historical activity theory to understand learning in these virtual worlds. I am focusing on the development of telepresence and its relationship to learning in a problem-based virtual learning environment. I would be very happy to dialog about using sociocultural theories to develop new understandings of virtual learning environments.

Donna Russell

Donna L. Russell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Learning Technologies
Educational Psychology
Curriculum and Instructional Leadership
Suite 309
School of Education
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Kansas City, MO 64110
(office) 816.235.2232
russelldl@umkc.edu
http://r.web.umkc.edu/russelldl/
chair of the computational behavior subcommittee of the Virtual Instructors Pilot Research Group (www.viprg.org)

Hello everyone,
My name is Luísa Aires and I teach at Universidade Aberta
(http://www.univ-ab.pt, the Portuguese Distance Learning University). At
this moment, my research is about "Virtual Learning Communities in
University" (http://www.aprende.com.pt).
I have found that the knowledge in this area tends to privilege more
instruments than agents, contexts, instruments and internationalities in
these communities. So I would like to know if some of you are studying
this theme, in a sociocultural perspective.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Luísa Aires
______________
Universidade Aberta