Re: [xmca] Collective Mediation of High-Stakes Accountability Program

From: Lisa Kuh <lpk2 who-is-at u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 08:00:21 PDT

Eric,
My work on early childhood teacher collaboration is showing that
documentation of student work (as influenced by Reggio Emilia and Making
Learning Visible constructs) does serve as an important boundary object.
Also, when districts provide time and intellectual space for collaborative
activity, teachers tend to generate boundary objects which aid them in
traversing the minefield of policy constraints. Also, the role of brokers
who link teacher groups with new activity systems, often outside district
(or school context), seem to imbue their groups with the intellectual
confidence to have richer, student learning/teacher practice centered
conversations.
Please remind me which article you are referring to, RER?

Lisa P. Kuh, M.Ed
PhD Candidate, Teacher Education
University of Washington
Head Teacher, Eliot-Pearson Children's School
Tufts University
146 Allston Street
Medford, MA 02155
206-406-0134 781-391-1533