[xmca] Multi-media Chat Course

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 11:28:26 PDT

Folks--

It appears that there is no problem organizing to have streaming live
lectures with 2-3 participating
groups or simple streamed lectures (both with online text questions and
feedback as well as a threaded discourse
facility a la xmca) as well as digitalized lectures which are stored at UCSD
and mixed media lectures (Helsinki
is proposing mp3 audio plus power point presentations).

BUT, so far Helsinki is the only institution to say that it would be a
"content producer" other than LCHC.

The original idea was to have people from many different places be
initiators/lecturers on topics of their choosing,
assuming overall relevance to XMCA members.

So, the question is, who is willing either to organize live lectures or to
record digital video to send to LCHC so we can
put it all in a central place for storage and discussion?

If the answer is no one, we will figure out a reduced version of the
original plan. No huge hurry. This will not happen until
Fall, but some idea of who-all can contribute would be nice as we go ahead
with planning.

mike

PS-- I am off to England for two weeks in search of rain, which I am told I
just might find there. Only dry weeds and fires around So Cal,
that is for sure. I believe that a new set of abstracts for MCA, the first
under Michael Roth's editorship, will be posted next
week for you to vote on. With Taylor and Francis having bought up Erlbaum
there could be new glitches making the chosen
article available for all online, but the friendly gremlins at UCSD will be
working on it.