Re: [xmca] Another Textological Question

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 19:28:08 PDT

I'll let the experts reply on other matters, David. But VV Ivanov, perhaps
son of VV Ivanov whose inscription you describe (?) (both refered to as Koma
I believe) is still alive and one of the leading
semioticians in Soviet/Russian arena. I do not know of any novels he has
written. But he has written
a history of semiotics in the USSR which we are conspiring to get into
English via the J. Russian and
East European Psychology. It features, among others, Vygotsky and
Eisenshtein.

The living VV is part time professor at UCLA. Check him out on the web.
mike