Re: [xmca] intersubjectivity, deception, perhaps also theory of mind

From: Martin Packer <packer who-is-at duq.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 15:17:35 PDT

Mike,

Many centuries ago my dissertation research was a study (video) of college
students playing a modified version of the Prisoner's Dilemma. (I wanted to
do something more naturalistic but this was a psychology department!) I drew
on diverse literatures to explore the role of emotions in moral conflict.
There was deception, divergent perceptions of the same 'reality,' blame and
retribution, etc. It might be worth a quick look.

Martin

The structure of moral action: A hermeneutic study of moral conflict. Basel:
Karger, 1985.

cf:
Concealment and uncovering in moral philosophy and moral practice. 1985,
Human Development, 28, 108-112.