Re: [xmca] What about a new kind of XMCA forum?

From: David ES <eddyspda who-is-at gse.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 05:07:44 PDT

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for this clear description of learning 'knotworking'--allowing
for continuity with variations. We had a small and active discussion
group running in the Boston area alongside the last course. Our group
made great use of the resources and online discussion but, as I recall,
found it challenging to loop back into the discussion in a way that
reflected the richness of our onsite discussions and aligned with the
forward motion of the online discussion. (This is also a big challenge
in the in-service hybrid courses I'm working on now.)

Maybe there's a way of having affiliated groups (whether for-credit
course, informal small group, connected individuals) take responsibility
for different topics/readings, opening the way with generative
questions, guiding the process, and most important, pulling together a
synthesis of artifacts (multimedia resources, discussion highlights,
etc.). Anyway, I'd enjoy thinking more about designing for punctuated
equilibria when the time comes.

David

--
David Eddy Spicer, Ed.D.