Re: [xmca] B. V. Belyayev?

From: Anton Yasnitsky <the_yasya who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 00:42:49 PDT

Several remarks.

In a better world, the item in such list of
scientific works would be a link to a full text
web page, but in reality we have to face the fact
that the text itself may well exist in a dozen of
copies in several major scientific libraries of
the former USSR, and, probably, also in some
private collections only,--alas. So, it must be
quite difficult--yet very much rewarding, I
guess, given just the title itself and the
assumed general orientation of the author!--to
get the text. "Bez truda ne vytaschish' i rybku
iz pruda", as they say :).

The article on the end of reflexology does not
look that striking to me as of 1930 with respect
to the incoming reactological discussion (I am
under the impression that there was a similar
campain against Bekhterev's reflexology around
that time, although I am not so positive about
that).

Re "the delay between 1940-1961" -- I should say
that the principle of this bibliography list
organization is very peculiar, namely, it mainly
includes the works of the individuals who
did/published their works while being the
employees of the Institute of Psychology (see
http://ipsy.org.ru/01.php , paragraph 4). So,
this major gap in his publications might simply
mean that he was not employed by this institution
over this period.

As to Moscow help, I guess, Profs. Akhutina or
Zimnyaya might be the key people to consult with
(not quite sure about this). Generally, I
believe, the hypothetical interrelationship
between Vygotsky's Thinking and speech and
Belyaev's Candidate dissertation looks like a
promising topic to explore that might even lead
to a special issue of the journal provided all
the necessary bibliographical, archival and
textological research work is done.

Finally, it would be great to hear from Karl what
he thinks about the issue that we touched upon
here.