Re: [xmca] units of analysis and other matters, including etymology

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 10:36:32 PST

Martin---

AT present the issue of consciousness is getting a lot of attention in some
neighboring parts of academic such as cog sci. The work of Benjamin Libet
on time and consciousness is hitting the newspapers and there is a journal
of consciousness studies (or some such title) with relevant materials.

I am just delving into this literatures, but the issues the LSV raises in
chapter 1 of T&S seem to be central: interfuncational relations, the
co-constitution of generalization and
social interaction, dynamics of developmental change...... Just a whole lot
to grok there.
mike