[xmca] Feurbach on ice

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 15:27:17 PST

Leif-- You are precisely correct. Last page of T&L, p. 285 in the 1987
edition

The word is what, in Feurbach's words-- is absolutely impossible for one
person but possible for two. The word
is the most direct manifestation of human consciousness.

Consciousness is reflected in the word like the sun is reflected in a
droplet of water. The word is a microcosm of
consiousness, related to conscious like a living cell is related to an
organism, like an atom is related to the cosmos.
The meaninful word is a microcosm of human consciousness.

I was reading this with my students two weeks ago but could not recover the
context, until now. thanks to your
(meaningful) words.