Re: [xmca] relationship building and the ZPD

From: Carrie Lobman (lobman@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 09:21:28 PST

Mike and everyone,

People are more than welcome to use Barb's story in their classes.
Your interest has already given me some ideas of how to use it. I
hope anyone who uses it would share something about the dialogue it
generated with the list. I am eager to see how others see this interaction.

Among other things I see in this story a description of Barb's
struggle to create an environment where she and Annallee can develop
a relationship that is powerful, rather than a situation where Barb
is imposing her authority (as a teacher, as an adult) on Annallee and
on the relationship. I look forward to hearing what people create
with this story in their classes.

Carrie