[xmca] Take action -- Dim your lights on February 1

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (anamshane@speakeasy.net)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2007 - 16:07:05 PST

      The first of February we dim the lights between7.55 and 8.00 PM!

Send this message to as many people as you know!

An action against the climate change.

Take on February 1st part in one of the biggest actions against climate
change
forced by the people.

L'Alliance pour la Plančte (a group of environmental activists
http://www.lalliance.fr/) calls to all civilians:

Make our planet rest for five minutes!

Everybody is requested to dim his/her lights for five minutes between 7.55pm
and 8.00pm on February first. This not only to save energy for five minutes,
but to bring out a message that will attract the attention of
politicians and
leaders. It is time for them to take action and avoid the waste of energy.

During 5 minutes we'll give the planet rest: it doesn't take long and it
won't cost you a thing. And it will make a statement before federal
elections
that we as citizens want climate on the agenda.

And why February 1st?

Because on that day a new file from climatological experts from the United
Nations will be published in Paris. Because it is with our neighbors it is
impossible to let this opportunity slip! We have to get attention to the
urgent matter of the worlds climatological situation. If everybody takes
part
in this action it will have an effect on media and politics that might
have a
real influence, this would be good on such short notice before the (Belgian)
elections!

Make this message go around the globe, send it to friends, family and local
politicians. Put it in your newsletter and blog.

--
//

/Philadelphia//, PA 19144///

/(h) 215-843-2909/