[xmca] Help

From: Michael Erickson (mericks1@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 17:59:43 PST

I apologize to interrupting the on-going discussion with cry for help. I'm working on a project and have misplaced sources from my personal library. I need the p. or pp. of the following:

Schempp et al. quote explaining "decontextualized mediational means"
The Quote "...sophisticated, complex hierarchies that make for easy and economical recall and application..."
Source: Schempp,P.G.,Tan, S.,Manross, d. & Fincher, M. (1998). Differences in novice and competent teachers' knowledge. Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice, 4(1), 9-20.

Source: Rogoff, B. (1994) Developing understanding of the idea of community learners. Mind, Culture, and Activity (4), 209-229.

Where she specifically introduces the concept and terms "constructive transformation"

Where Lave & Wenger first introduce the concept and term "legitimate peripheral participation" which involves observation more than action.

Source: Lave, J. & Wenger, E. (1991). Situated learning: Legitimate peripheral participation. New York: Cambridge UP.

I've included my email address so that any one who can assist me can use the back channel and not disrupt the follow of ideas as I've had to do here. I'm really enjoying the present conversation.

Michael E.
mericks1@mindspring.com (no pun or irony intended) One should never get old!!