[xmca] Fwd: Conference on Immigrant Children ~ Call for Papers

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 17:27:50 PST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Susan Chuang <schuang@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Jan 17, 2007 2:54 PM
Subject: Conference on Immigrant Children ~ Call for Papers
To: mcole@weber.ucsd.edu

 Hi Dr. Cole:

Happy New Year!

With the Department of Family Relations and Applied Nutrition, University of
Guelph, I am organizing a conference on immigrant children from around the
world entitled, *On New Shores: Understanding Immigrant Children.* Guelph is
located 1 hour from Toronto. The conference will be *Thursday, Friday,
October 25 – 26, 2007*.

Currently, we have many committed scholars who will be discussing their
work. They include: John Berry, Raymond Buriel, Natasha Cabrera, Ruth Chao,
Xinyin Chen, Scott Coltrane, Roberto DeAnda, David Este, Andrew Fuligni,
Cynthia Garcia Coll (maybe), Uwe Gielen, Jacqueline Goodnow, Donald
Hernandez, Heather Keller, Leon Kuczynski, Susan Lollis, Robert Moreno, Ross
Parke, James Rodriguez, Carola Suarez-Orozco, and Catherine Tamis-LeMonda.

Also, Vivian Tseng and Tom Weisner from the William T. Grant Foundation will
be presenting on behalf of the foundation.

I would like to take this opportunity to extend the *Call for Papers* to you
and your colleagues. There are two types of presentations – paper and
poster. I hope that you will be interested in presenting your work OR
attending the conference. Please email Dr. Susan Chuang at
schuang@uoguelph.ca for submission rules and forms. To ensure opportunities
for discussion and involvement from the audience, the conference is limited
to a total of 250 individuals.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me via email (
schuang@uoguelph.ca) or by phone: 519-824-4120, ext. 58389.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully you will be a part of this
exciting conference!

Susan Chuang

Susan S. Chuang, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1
CANADA

Voice: (519) 824-4120 ext. 58389