RE: [xmca] In case you missed it

From: Michael Glassman (MGlassman@ehe.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 08:12:05 PST

My difficulty with Sternberg's response is that as soon as he posits that there is such a thing as reified intelligence that can be measured through some standardized test (whether it is limited or not) he is arguing on Murray's ground. I.Q is a construct that we developed to prove Murray's thesis, not what Sternberg is trying to say. Too much advantage is given to a eugenics based perspective by accepting I.Q. tests as legitimate ways of measuring some object that we call intelligence.

Michael