Re: [xmca] Translating Vygotsky, what's in a prefix?

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 08:45:55 PST

The standard reference DUDEN says: 1. er- expresses that something
becomes something. Verbs with er- mostly belong to a higher (more
educated WMR] language. 2. er- expresses that someone achieves a
specific result by means of some action or thought process. 3. er-
expresses that a process begins or something begins to exhibit a
reaction. Mostly in written language.

Michael