Re: [xmca] Cobb & McClain from a different perspective

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 17:24:35 PST

Hi Phillip--

Yes-- When a REALLY intelligent, experienced, and influential person has
this view, its disturbing. Of course, with a little discussion
multi-causality
is acknowledged. But concrete existence proofs of a "better way" that do NOT
trash teachers' unions, and which teachers do not trash, such as
provided by Cobb and McClain, are important.

The problem for me is that I am not clear of what the union's roll in this
case was, which is why I cc'ed paul and kay. Kay is on leave and we may not
hear from her, but I hope we will hear from Paul. And there are MANY of you
on xmca for whom this issue is important. Critique is important: existence
proofs of alternatives are important, critiques of the limitations of the
existence proofs are important.

my 2 centimes
mike

Opps! Helena has just appeared on the screen! There is one person who should
have a ton to say for sure!!